Cheese Grilled Ling Cod
4 fish steaks or fillets (1 1/2 lb)
1/2 small onion, skinned and grated
4 oz of cheese, grated
2 oz. butter
1 tsp dry mustard salt and pepper
2 tomatoes, sliced
1. Wash, wipe and trim the fish steaks and remove the centre bones with a sharp-pointed knife.
2. Mix the remaining ingredients (except the tomatoes) until well blended.
3. Place the steaks on the grill rack and grill under a medium heat for about 5 minutes, turn them and grill for a further 3 minutes.
4. Spread the cheese mixture over the fish and lay 1-2 slices of tomato on each steak.
5. Grill for a final 3-5 minutes, until the cheese topping is golden and the tomatoes are cooked.