Grilled Whole Salmon with Chili Cheese Sauce
6-8 pound whole salmon, cleaned
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 cups chopped mushrooms
1 cup chopped green onions
2 tablespoons minced parsley
1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
1⁄2 cup butter or margarine, melted
4-5 lemon slices
Sauce: Chili Cheese
- Remove head from salmon, (if desired).
- Place the salmon on double thickness of heavy
duty wide foil, making sure foil is about 4 inches longer than the fish at each end.
Sprinkle the fish inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Combine the mushrooms, onions, parsley, parmesan cheese, lemon peel and juice.
- Spoon the mixture into the fish cavity.
- Pour the butter over the fish and top with lemon slices.
- Cover with another thickness of foil and carefully seal all the sides completely.Place on grill. Turn after 30 minutes and cook 20 to 30 minutes longer.
Serve with chili cheese sauce.
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup chili sauce
1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
Combine butter and chili sauce in small saucepan.
Heat slowly until butter melts.
Add cheese and keep warm until ready to serve.